Those original crispy asparagus will make a perfect warm spring starter.
You can also serve them as canapés.
I choose small asparagus dip to make them.
6 brick sheets
24 small green asparagus
3 egg yolks
Vegetable or sunflower oil to brush the brick
300ml vegetable or sunflower for the mayonnaise
- Wash and cut each end of the asparagus
- Steam them for 10-15 minutes approximately until they become tender (you can use a fork to check they are cooked) and put them on some kitchen towel to absorb the water
- Cut each brick sheet in 4 smaller sheets (4 squares if the bricks are square)
- Roll each asparagus in the brick square, leaving the dip of the asparagus to be seen
- Turn your oven on at 180C
- Brush each asparagus roll with some oil and cook them in the oven for 12-15 minutes, turning them over after 6/8 minutes
- Prepare your mayonnaise while they cook; I use a tiny whisk to make mine;
- Add a drop of oil at a time and whisk the egg yolks very thoroughly before adding the next drop of oil; this process should last 10-12 minutes until the mayonnaise is ready and firm
- Season with salt, and add a teaspoon of harissa or more if you like it very spicy
- You can also use non homemade mayonnaise and add some harissa, but it won’t be the same taste!
- Serve your crispy asparagus with the harissa mayonnaise and enjoy!